Online Privacy Statement
REPUBLIC ACT NO. 10173 is an act protecting individual personal information in information and communications systems in the government and the private sector, creating for this purpose a national privacy commission, and for other purposes.
Section 1: This Act shall is known as the "Data Privacy Act of 2012".
Section 2. Declaration of Policy. – It is the policy of the State to protect the fundamental human right of privacy, of communication while ensuring free flow of information to promote innovation and growth. The State recognizes the vital role of information and communications technology in nation-building and its inherent obligation to ensure that personal information in information and communications systems in the government and in the private sector are secured and protected.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, BLS International, will collect and use your personal data for processing such information fairly and lawfully for the purpose it is collected in accordance with Section 11 of the General Data Privacy Principles. . The information collected so is to provide better services to enquires, requests and processes in setting up appointment of Passport Application process, Track and Trace of Passport application progress and use of web cookies to personalise our services to applicants (Refer to our Cookies Policy for more details)
Why does BLS International need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes BLS International would contact you for additional consent.
Will BLS International share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to BLS International in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with BLS International's policies and procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally and contractually required to do otherwise.
How will BLS International use the personal data it collects about me?
BLS International will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the Processing of Personal Information under Chapter 3 of the Data Privacy Act of 2012”.. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. BLS International is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will BLS International contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
BLS International, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If BLS International does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of BLS International or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
BLS International accepts the following forms of identification when information on your personal data is requested:
[Passport, National Identity Card, Birth Certificate, Utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.]
If you have any further queries or require more information on getting access to your personal information with BLS International, you may contact our Data Protection Officer whose details are given below:
+91 11 23329846
BLS International Services Ltd.,